West Elementary for the 2018-2019 School Year
Registration begins April 30, at 6:00 pm.
The Andover Recreation Division is proud to offer our new licensed, extended-day program for children in Grades K – 5 at the West Elementary School. Andover Kid Care is a great solution for busy working families that combines fun and learning with the safety and convenience of a high-quality afterschool program right inside your child’s school. Andover Kid Care is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care.
There are 5-day, 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day per week options. Enrollment is limited and space will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Time of the program is right after school until 6:00 pm daily. Andover Recreation Kid Care follows the Andover Public School calendar with the following exceptions: it is not open when school closes at mid-day for a vacation period or closes early because of bad weather. Early release days are included as long as you are registered for the respective day.
Andover Kid Care operates five days a week from the end of the school day until 6:00 pm. Students from all grades will do activities together. There is time for playing sports and games, music and drama, arts and crafts, a quiet space for homework, and a caring staff. Students will also participate in special events throughout the year.
There is NO transportation for this program.
- Located at West Elementary School Cafeteria and Gym.
- Runs from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
- Follows the Andover Public School schedule, the program is not open when school closes mid-day for vacations or closes early because of bad weather.
- Students from all grades will participate in activities together.
- Snack is provided by the Andover School Nutrition Program.
- Activities include, but are not limited to, arts and crafts, sports, board games, homework help, outdoor time and seasonal activities.
- Registration options range from 2-5 days per week. There is a 2-day minimum.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Registration opens for West El Kid Care on April 30 at 6:00 pm at the Recreation Office. (Registrations will not be accepted prior to this date and time).
- Return all information to Andover Recreation’s main office 36 Bartlet Street Andover MA (2nd Floor).
- Contact Andover Recreation at 978-623-8340 for more information.
What Are the Fees and Due Dates?
5 days a week: $350/month 3 days a week: $239/month
4 days a week: $293/month 2 days a week: $173/month
10% sibling discount (rounded to the nearest dollar) is available for those registering multiple children in the same family. Discount is not for the total program cost, just the cost of the additional child/ren registered.
- Tuition is paid monthly via automatic credit card payments only. Monthly billing occurs on or after the 15th for the following month.
- Tuition and fees charged are non-refundable.
- Annual non-refundable registration fee of $25.00/family.
- The first month’s payment (for September) will be charged on June 15, 2018.
Kid Care policies are different from Andover Recreation's standard policies and are outlined in the Kid Care Handbook below.
West Elementary Kid Care Co-Directors:
- Pamela Dunn
- Denise Fulton